Polish Journal of Microbiology, founded in 1952 as Acta Microbiologica Polonica (ISSN 0137-1320), is a broad-based international microbiological journal covering: general microbiology, bacterial physiology, molecular biology and genetics, virology, clinical bacteriology, environmental microbiology and biotechnology.
Polish Journal of Microbiology:
ISSN 2544-4646 (Online)
ISSN 1733-1331 (Print)
Impact Factor 2021: 2.019 / 5-year 1.806
CiteScore 2021: 2.7
Rejection rate: 83%
Polish Journal of Microbiology publishes mainly original research articles including short communications, but also minireviews, book reviews and press releases. The PJM is now developing as a new information exchange platform for authors who publish research findings and reviews on the latest developments in the field of microbiology. All papers should be prepared according to “Instructions for Authors”. Submission of manuscripts in various areas of Microbiology is very welcome.
Articles are subjected to fees. The publication fee for all types of articles is 1000 USD + 23% VAT (if applicable). Depending on the country of origin, a fee may be subject to local taxes. Polish Journal of Microbiology does not offer fee waivers. Only the fee for corresponding authors who currently are members of the Polish Society of Microbiologists is reduced to 800 USD + 23% VAT, or equivalent in Polish zloty (PLN).
All inquiries regarding fees can be directed to our editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no charges for online publication of color figures in PJM.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license users are free to share the work (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format), if the contribution is properly attributed and used for non-commercial purposes. The material published in the journal may not be altered or build upon.
Polish Journal of Microbiology is currently indexed in:
- BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
- Clarivate Analytics – Biological Abstracts
- Clarivate Analytics – BIOSIS Previews
- Clarivate Analytics – Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Clarivate Analytics – Science Citation Index Expanded
- Clarivate Analytics – Web of Science
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC – cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Electronic Journal Library
- Elsevier – EMBASE
- Elsevier – Scopus
- Europe PubMed Central
- Gale/Cengage Learning
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Indextra (Medical Library)
- Keepers Registry
- Microsoft Academic
- ProQuest – Publicly Available Content Database
- ProQuest – Summon
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Scimago Journal & Country Rank
- Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology
- Ulrichsweb & Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory
- WanFang Data