To ensure fast and efficient cooperation with the Editorial Office, the submitted manuscript should be formatted according to details listed below and accompanied by cover letter.
Submission of the manuscript implies that the research presented has not been published before (except in the form of a conference abstract or a part of PhD thesis).
Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC-ND 4.0), which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the article is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made. Upon acceptation of the article, it is required to complete and sign an Open Access Agreement (CC-BY-NC-ND).
The PJM welcomes the submission of the following types of manuscripts:
- Original article
- Short communications
Manuscript text, tables and figures, each on separate page, should be submitted as single files. Manuscript should be prepared in editable text files (.doc or .docx).
Literature should be formatted in author-date format described below in details.
Figures must be prepared in ready to print size, format (.tiff with LZW compression) with proper size and resolution:
- line art (graphs, charts and diagrams) 7200 points wide and 1200 dpi resolution
- combination art (lettering and images) 3600 points wide and 600 dpi resolution
- photographs (greyscale and colour) 1800 points wide and 300 dpi resolution
For instructions on creating the acceptable tiff files, refer to the Cadmus Digital Art website.
The manuscript must be accompanied by a cover letter (submissions without the cover letter will be not processed) that should include:
- A title and Authors’ names
- Significance of the research findings
- Brief description of the results and major conclusions of the manuscript
- Postal address, phone, fax numbers and e-mail of the submitting Author, who is responsible for all correspondence regarding the submitted paper
- To ensure fast manuscript review, Authors should present a list of five (5) putative reviewers with their full affiliations. Authors are requested to choose experts in their field; however, they should not be co-authors within last five years or share Authors’ affiliation
- Statement that all Authors read and accepted the manuscript and the statement about conflict of interests
- Statement that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere, or is not in processing by any other journal
The manuscript should be written in English. Grammar, syntax and spelling must be carefully checked before submission of the paper. Authors who are unsure of proper English usage should have their manuscript checked by someone proficient in both the English language and biological terminology. Manuscripts will be rejected on the basis of poor English or lack of conformity to accepted standards of style before the review process.